Switzerland is known as the land of the Alps, and rightfully so. On the border with France, Germany, Italy and Austria, Switzerland offers a breathtaking panorama of the Alps. Although small, it is also one of the richest countries in the world, which is why it is no wonder many tourists a dream holiday in Switzerland. There are many tourist attractions in Switzerland, too, although there are five must see stop.
1. Chillon Castle - located on theshore of Lake Geneva, Chillon Castle is one of the most famous castles in Switzerland. Consisting of 100 buildings, dating from the 11th century and is the former residence of the nobility of Savoy. It also has three courtyards and four large rooms that offer magnificent views of the lake beyond.
2. Zermatt - Although there are many beautiful ski resorts in Switzerland, Zermatt stands out as one of the main attractions of Switzerland because it isat the foot of the Matterhorn, the most famous peaks in the Swiss Alps. Even if you are not at the bottom, you can still enjoy the view while dining in a gourmet restaurant or shopping around the city.
3. Geneva Jet D'eau - This fountain in the heart of a major city of Switzerland is one of the tallest fountains in the world, throwing water up to 140 meters. Built in 1891, is considered a symbol of the city of Geneva.
While in Geneva, you might want to see other tourist sites, including, in particular museums. The International Red Cross and Red Crescent Museum is one of the most popular museums in Switzerland, and is definitely worth a visit, along with the Cathedral de St. Pierre and other historic buildings.
4. Swiss National Park - Although you can not pitch a tent and spend the night at the Swiss National Park, you can certainly appreciate the different views of the Alps as you go hiking, which is why it is one of tourist resorts in Switzerlandattractions> attractions. It 'also Switzerland's only national park, covering nearly half the surface of the entire country. It is a sanctuary for wildlife as diverse as elk, marmots and eagles, as well.
5. Swiss Transport Museum - Located in Lucerne, the Swiss Transport Museum is home to an exhibition of locomotives, ships, planes, automobiles and other means of transportation and communication. It also houses an extensive collection of works by Hans Erni, a Swisspainter and sculptor. You are sure to enjoy the planetarium and IMAX theater, too.
In fact, Switzerland has many places to discover. In addition to visiting the sights of Switzerland, do not forget to soak the rich culture of the country, including through participation in festivals or just to mingle with Switzerland. Are you sure you have a wonderful time and many memories to take home the gold with you.